Monday, October 22, 2007

An Inauspicious Beginning

"Seemed like such a good idea at the time." - David Nelson

"Hey, why not do a blog? Come on, everybody's doing it." - My mind, when left unoccupied for a few minutes.

So, what the hell? A blog. More or less for my own entertainment, but a blog nonetheless.

Now, I'm not that interesting of a person, not particularly bright or insightful. I don't have a wildly exciting job. I'm not all that interested in detailing the intricacies of my day to day life (cabbage and tofu stir fry for dinner! Whoopee!!). So what the hell am I going to write about? Well, we'll see exactly where this goes (if anywhere), but, since I am doing this mostly for my own entertainment, I suppose I'll write about things that interest me: namely college football and basketball, music (I'm sure I'll wind up with several somewhat detailed reviews of 30-year-old Grateful Dead concerts), a book every now and then, maybe a movie here and there, and just any old something or other that I feel might be of use to me at a later date (but which in reality, I will probably never think about again). Sounds delightfully effective!

And if anyone winds up reading any of this, my apologies in advance for wasting your time with my inanities.

No comments: